The Friend Zone Discussion Questions
1. The book starts off as a traditional rom-com, but that all changes when Kristen tells Sloan about her medical condition. Why do you think Kristen didn’t tell Sloan sooner? Do you understand why she wants to have surgery?
2. Josh and Kristen fall for each other right away, despite her being with somebody else when they met. When do you think Josh and Kristen each developed feelings for each other?
3. Infertility is a topic that is often swept under the rug and not spoken about openly. Let’s talk about why it is important for this struggle to be a main focal point of the story.
4. The death of Brandon is one of the most heartbreaking parts of the book. What was your reaction to his passing?
5. At the end of the book, we learn that Kristen is able to have a baby after all. What did you think of the ending. What, if anything, would you change?
Recommendations if you liked The Friend Zone
***There are two more books in this series! The Happy Ever After Playlist tells Sloan’s story and Life’s Too Short is all about Vanessa. If you loved this book, you will almost certainly love these.***
1. It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey
2. Beach Read, Emily Henry
3. Mr. Wrong Number, by Lucy Painter
4. Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating, by Christina Lauren
5. The Love Hypothesis, by Ali Hazelwood